Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hello and Welcome to my Creative World!

Hi, I'm Kathy Stemen and welcome to my creative world. I am a former craft store owner who has taught various craft techniques in what seems like another life ago.  I did so many shows a year,  that when I decided to close up business to explore other ventures, I was sick of looking at paints and reeds. Has that happened to you? It has been over 20 years since I have made any type of craft or create a garment, but now I am ready and eager to do so.

A year ago, I started creating ruffled scarves and a few hat designs that really complimented the scarf. They finish off an outfit ranging from denim wear, office wear, school spirit, or  fall and winter outerwear.  In my design, the button is probably the most important detail.  In addition to my buttons that appear in most of my photos, I have scoured shops, second hand stores, and garage sales for vintage buttons to accessorize some of my product.
This time, my ideas are coming faster than I can make them. I have my own building and three sewing machines.
The reason I wanted to start a blog is to keep you up to date in what all I will have to offer, but to share with you the trials and tribulations on dealing with new techniques.
Look for my first tutorial on sun painting. It's that time of year, and now that I use the best product available,  and the best season for it, I will take you step-by-step and show you ideas on how to use this colorful fabric.
So until later,
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment